Please do not participate on any activities if feeling ill. In case you have a medical condition that our team should be aware please contact the tour leader.
If you participate for Discover Scuba Diving or Diving Course
Please review the questions below. If you answer YES to any of the questions it doesn't necessarily disqualify you from diving but you must consult a physician prior to participating in the program.
- Could you be pregnant or are you attempting to become pregnant?
- Do you regularly take prescription or nonprescription medications? (with the exception of birth control)
- Are you over 45 years of age and have one or more of the following?
• currently smoke a pipe, cigars, or cigarettes
• have a high cholesterol level
• have a family history of heart attacks or strokes
Have you ever had or do you currently have . . .
- Asthma, or wheezing with breathing, or wheezing with exercise?
- Frequent or severe attacks of hayfever or allergy?
- Frequent colds, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Any form of lung disease?
- Pneumothorax (collapsed lung)?
- History of chest surgery?
- Claustrophobia or agoraphobia (fear of closed or open spaces)?
- Behavioral health problems?
- Epilepsy, seizures, convulsions or take medications to prevent them?
- Recurring migraine headaches or take medications to prevent them?
- History of blackouts or fainting (full/partial loss of consciousness)?
- Do you frequently suffer from motion sickness (seasick, carsick, etc.)?
- History of diving accidents or decompression sickness?
- History of recurrent back problems?
- History of back surgery?
- History of diabetes?
- History of back, arm or leg problems following surgery, injury or fracture?
- Inability to perform moderate exercise (example: walk one mile within 12 minutes)?
- History of high blood pressure or take medicine to control blood pressure?
- History of any heart disease?
- History of heart attacks?
- Angina or heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- History of ear or sinus surgery?
- History of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- History of problems equalizing (popping) ears with airplane or mountain travel?
- History of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- History of any type of hernia?
- History of ulcers or ulcer surgery?
- History of colostomy?
- History of drug or alcohol abuse?