This is a basic beginner level scuba diving course. As an Open Water Diver, you are allowed to dive to a maximum depth of 18 meters together with a certified diver as a buddy. You can complete the whole program in 3 days. Later you can enroll into the continuing education programs like Advanced Open Water Course or Specialty Courses.
The 1st day is the same as entering the Discover Scuba Diving program. You will go for a daytrip to Raya Yai Island, get some theory lessons from the instructor, make one shallow dive and do some skill training in the afternoon. After the daytrip you will have some more theory lessons at our class room in Phuket.
On the 2nd and the 3rd day we will go again to Raya Yai Island. The 2nd day you will learn a bit more theory, practice in the shallow water and make one more scuba dive from the boat.
On the 3rd day the main aim is in the actual scuba diving. During the daytrip you will make 2 more dives, complete the theory and final exam. After successfully completing the whole program, you will become certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, which is an international beginner level diving license valid everywhere in the world.
You can start as well your course as theory/pool session practice at first, second and third course day will be during a Day Trip (Krabi, Khao Lak).
Prerequisites for the Open Water Diver Course:
• Normal health (click here to check details)
• Be able to swim 200 meters and float 10 min
• Be 10 years or older
Special notes for children from 10 to 14 years old:
• Students receive a Junior-certificate that can be updated to a full certificate when
• Juniors need a written approval from parent (or guardian) to participate
• 10-11 year old Juniors have certain restrictions on maximum depths (12 meters)
• Juniors are only allowed to dive together with 18-years old dive buddies
Flying after diving recommendations:
• Single Dives: A minimum preflight surface interval of 12 hours is suggested.
• Repetitive Dives and/or Multi-Day Dives: A minimum preflight surface interval of 18 hours is suggested.