When you are thinking about scuba diving as a full or part time job, you might consider enrolling in the PADI Divemaster Course. This course is the first step in becoming a recreational diving professional. A Divemaster is an underwater guide and an assistant for the instructors.
The course can be done in a minimum of two weeks though for better learning capabilities, we recommend you to spend a minimum time of one month. At Raya Divers Phuket you will be diving nearly every day on our daytrips to Raya Yai Island and other destinations. Some days you might also be assisting instructors at Yanui beach or in a swimming pool. You will get to know the equipment maintenance and service plus other daily dive center routines.
Diving theory is also big part of the training since your theory knowledge level must be increased to a professional level. You will study Physics, Physiology, Equipment and many other subjects from several different PADI professional materials that you will need to purchase when becoming a Divemaster.
All the course dives are included in the course and you will make minimum of 25 dives during the training. In case you need more dives to achieve the required 60 dives to become a Divemaster, you can make those dives with us free of charge.
After the course, you might want to become employed by Raya Divers or we can help you with finding your first job and provide you with lots of good contacts in the industry, in Thailand and overseas.
The course schedule varies a lot depending on which month you are arriving and how long you are planning to stay. If you are interested in the training, send us an email and we will customize a program that suits your schedule.
NOTE! We can also assist you in finding cheap accommodation for longer periods (1-6 months)
Prerequisites for starting the Divemaster Course:
• Medical clearance for diving signed by a physician within 12 months (click here to download medical form)
• Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a certification from another training organization beyond entry level and 40 logged dives (documenting experience in deep diving and navigation skills)
• Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization and proof of CPR and First Aid Training within 24 months.
• Have completed and logged at least 40 dives (to start the program). If you are missing dives until you reach the limit of 40 you can dive with Raya Divers in a reasonable price.
• Be 18 years or older
Price: 31.000 Thb
• All above plus proof of 60 logged dives documenting experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation.