If you are planning to become a diving instructor though you feel you are not ready for the instructor course, you have an optional choice of the PADI assistant Instructor course. This is how you start to learn to become a teacher in your recreational diving career.
PADI Assistant Instructor is a Divemaster who has a right to teach some of PADI’s specialty courses and assist instructors in other courses. This is a good choice if you want to teach and also want that someone with greater experience is supervising you.
On the Raya Divers Assistant Instructor course you must complete all the obligatory lectures and exercises. Often you can also participate on real courses with real students. During the course you are a part of our team and will be joining the different activities.
Assistant Instructor course takes 4 days. If you feel during the course that you want to continue all the way to become an Instructor, you can continue for an additional 5 days and after you will have completed the IDC program (Instructor Development Course). See more information under Instructor Course.
When doing the course with us, you will get a lot of useful diving contacts in Thailand and around the world. The training, as all the other PADI courses, is performance based. This means that when you have filled all the performance requirements of the course you are entitled to be a PADI Assistant Instructor.
You will be learning under a PADI Course Director’s or STAFF Instructor’s guidance:
• PADI teaching system
• To teach Project Aware, Peak Performance Buoyancy and Coral Reef Protection courses
• The meaning of Theory lessons
• The meaning of Confined Water training
• The reasons for Open Water training
You will have training in a classroom, in confined water conditions and in open water under the supervision of a PADI course director or STAFF instructor in the following studies
• Preparing and presenting a theory lecture
• Preparing and presenting confined water exercises
• Preparing and conducting open water dives
• You will practice your own dive skills to instructor level
Prerequisites for the Assistant Instructor course:
• Medical clearance for diving signed by a physician within 12 months (click here to download medical form)
• 18 years of age
• Have completed and logged 60 dives documenting experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation
• Have been certified recreational diver for at least 6 months
• Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or CMAS P3 (or equivalent)
• Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months
Price: On request